Murgatroyd Of Harrogate
The company has 'travelled' a long way since the purchase of the first vehicle in 1935 (pictured right) by the late Harold and Elsie Murgatroyd, where it was operated from the village shop in Thruscross.
The fleet grew and by 1962 unusually for this era, started to travel the length and breadth of the country, it was only a few years later that the first continental tours were introduced into our holiday brochure and as such built our name for long distance continental travel.
Today we are still one of the few coach companies that make regular trips to as far afield as Russia, Poland and the Ukraine.
Please see a selection of photos from the early days of our company below:
One of the Bedford OB coaches (March 1948)
The fleet line up (July 1964)
A brand new Caetano en route to Montereau with Otley Rugby club in 1979
Another brand new Caetano in Budapest (October 1982)
A new Daf Plaxton at Vimy Ridge (December 1983)